What are the common symptoms of GAD?
Anxiety is a mental health disorder characterized by feelings of worry, anxiety, or fear that are strong enough to interfere with one’s daily activities. Many people with anxiety experience symptoms of more than one type of anxiety condition, and may experience depression as well. Some of the physical and psychological/behavioral symptoms of GAD include:
- Constantly feeling tense; having muscle tightness or body aches
- Feeling restless, edgy
- Having trouble falling asleep or staying asleep
- Nausea, Diarrhea, GI issues – with no physiological cause
- An unending feeling of worry that doesn’t stop
- Involuntary intrusive thoughts that cannot be shaken off
- Scared and anxious about any kind of uncertainty
- Inability to be by oneself, difficulty in concentrating or focusing on things
How do I know if I need additional support for Anxiety?
We encourage anyone who feels that they may need help to reach out for treatment. Our experts can diagnose and treat your symptoms in a judgment-free environment. Whether you have anxiety, or a combination of disorders, we can find a solution together.
Contact Us Today
Bloom Health Centers serves children, adolescents, and adults across Maryland, Washington D.C., and Virginia. Please contact us to request an appointment for you or a loved one today. We offer both telehealth and in-person appointments for your convenience.
We’re here to answer them. Give us a call or request an appointment through our online form.